Tuesday 9 August 2011

Centennial IPA - Belgian Triple

Just over a week ago I bottled my third attempt at the Belgian Triple.  Just waiting now for it to bottle carbonate.  The sample tastings all the way through have been fantastic, so I'm hoping this really delivers.

I also re-brewed the Centennial IPA which I really enjoyed last time.  The original recipe can be found here Centennial IPA .  I did make some changes with the re-brew, 3oz of Tapioca Maltodextrine @ 60 minutes, 250g Demerara sugar @ 60 minutes  and few extra grams of hops at flame out.  I think it was a mistake filling the fermenter to 22L, should have stopped at around 21L total volume.  I dry hopped twice with 10g instead of once with 10g so this should have more aroma than the last batch.  If this beer is successful, I'm hoping to follow the lead of the great brewers (brewdog and mikkeller) and produce some more single hop IPA's.

Upcoming brews:
LCasanova's Blood Orange Hefeweizen (might have to sub for Cara-Cara or Rosy Red oranges)
All Amarillo IPA

No comments:

Post a Comment