Tuesday 13 March 2012

Basic Lager - Brewing

About a week and a half ago I put this beer down with a guest brewer.  Well actually I was the guest in his house brewing.  Even with the dramas we had with the town losing power and the water running out (pumped from tank electrically), I think we still put the beer down successfully.  This is currently fermenting at 12 degrees celcius in his lager fridge.


Basic Gluten Free Lager
---------------------------------
1Kg Sorghum Syrup @ 60 minutes
230g Maltodextrine @ 60 minutes
375g Demerara Sugar @ 60 minutes
45g Saaz 3.5% AA @ 60 minutes
15g Saaz 3.5% AA @ 15 minutes
1/2 Whirlfloc tablet @ 15 minutes
1tsp Yeast Nutrient @ 10 minutes
1.8Kg Sorghum Syrup @ Flameout
*** Cold Crash ***
W-34/70 Fermentis Lager Yeast

I dare say this beer will take quite some time to ferment.  I hope it's worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment